Sunday 22 July 2012

The Light in the Darkness of the World

It's 10:30pm, and I can't sleep.

My heart is aching, for there is so much violence going on in the world. It is all so senseless.  I know I am not alone in this sentiment, for I see it on the faces of so many, and read it in the words of my friends on my facebook, and see it echoed in the memorial services of those who have left us.  What is happening? Why all this violence?  

My soul cries out for a better world, and I know I am not alone.  Within this darkness, thought it may be hard to see, I can see, feel, hear, the light of love that is shining.  A love that will illuminate this world, and all the hearts of the people in it.

Though we may have lost our way, though we may have forgotten who we are, what we are, slowly, we are starting to remember.  We are starting to awaken and remember the deep love that we have for all beings everywhere.

In my life, I will do my part to create a better world.  I will love myself and fill my cup so that I can give to others.  I will love and honour my husband so that I can support him in creating a strong foundation for our family.  I will show my son what it means to live life alive, so that he can lead future generations into a world of peace. 

Though the darkness surrounds us, it only amplifies that light.

May the light of love, and the winds of hope wrap you in its embrace during this difficult time on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment